Monday, September 2, 2013

Punishment Game to Counter Procrastination

I've formulated this awesome punishment game just now.

You see, I'm not really someone who eats well. What I eat also gets all-used-up everyday, thus my below-average form, since I end up staying very late doing miscellaneous things, including procrastination.

I like being busy doing things I like, but since this is the real world, thus responsibilities, most of the time, my to-do-list overflows. All those plans and responsibilities stack up, my fatigue and feelings mixed in, and drive me to the point where my mental strength drops to zero. Then my 'no care for the world' attitude and procrastination kicks in. It's gotten to the point I've thought it'd be wonderful to be able to hibernate and just let time pass, idea came to me c/o Vampire Knight manga. Ah, if only I could evolve(devolving is okay too) into something that could hibernate whenever, wherever, just so I could continue sleeping and having wonderful dreams, I would.

Everyday is about procrastination, staying up late, oversleeping, and procrastination.

I just have to do something about it. This started when I thought I should fix my body clock to condition myself to be able to endure the 'being productive' mode. I was thinking that my procrastination may have been affected by my energy levels(which is actually obvious when you think about it), so I eat and drink coffee whenever the feel kicks in.

A repost from my facebook wall:

new punishment game (for myself):

- eat whenever you realize you're just lazying around, when you're supposed to be doing something.
- amount of food must be directly proportional to how important that task is. when you can't eat anymore, JUST DO ET.
//lame joke. yeah, sorry.

gah, i can't eat anymore... =_=

//someone who can't really eat much. mixed feelings. haha. this is the best plan i've thought of so far, since it will benefit me either way,... but forcing myself to eat is just...*sigh* i can already see defeat =u=


Yeah. I feel very defeated now. I just hope I could follow this plan through the end and get the better result. And by that I mean I hope I don't really gain weight. I mean, I still think it's better to not procrastinate on anything. Not to mention that's the original objective for this plan. Lacking proper motivation is really problematic. I always have to think of excuses to make myself move.

EDIT:
I didn't really want to share the permalink, but I loved the comments on it so here.
I really appreciate the comments; I just have to keep the permalink.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management